Using Gamification in Your Online Classroom to Increase Student Engagement and Motivation During ...

Posted by Lori Wortylko on July 1 2021 at 4:24 p.m.

• I do! I work with k-12 teachers and they utilize gamification in their classrooms. I find it really helps with college students as well. It keeps them engaged and wanting to learn more.

Posted

• Hi! I have the same questions as Hayat. Do you think gamification suits all ages? Or that it can be used differently according to the students' ages? And adults? Congratulations on your study!

Posted

• Hi Hayat and Patricia!

I absolutely believe that gamification suits all ages! My college students love play Kahoot!, earning badges, and the escape room. Both my son and daughter love playing Kahoot! and other games to help them learn. Gamification is fun, positive, and helps all students learn - no matter their age or content.

Of course a round of Kahoot! would look different for student learning multiplication than students learning calculus. But the concept is the same. Use it to help students learn (or review material) in a fun and safe environment.

If you want to chat more, please feel free to send me an email! I'm more than happy to help! Lori

Posted

• Hi! I am currently run an experiment on the impact of gamification at the academic level and teaching cybersecurity. The first studies show that groups that had access to rankings, weekly tasks, etc., achieve about 20% higher results. In addition, we noticed a significant increase in their regular work, compared to the group that carried out the same material in parallel, but without the gamification system. Gamification seems to have an impact at different ages.

Posted