Iowa State University
United States of America - Ames
Iowa State UniversityJanuary 2014-Present
- "My Twitter is as diverse as I am as a person": An online identity development process through Twitter
- Preparing Preservice Teachers for “Learning by Making” in Makerspace Communities
- Designing a Blended Makerspace Course for Preservice Teachers in an Undergraduate Technology Minor Program
- Exploring Preservice Teachers’ TPACK in an Educational Technology Course
- Examination of the Impact of a One-on-One Technology Mentoring Program: Multiple Case Studies on the Mentees’ Perspectives
- Team Based Learning and Technology Integration in Blended Learning Environments
- Investigating Preservice Teachers' TPACK and Integration of TPACK into PK-6 Curriculum
- Designed for Success: Exploring Pre-service Teachers’ Growth in TPACK after Taking a Redesigned Blended Technology Integration Course
- Dive into Content Areas: Instructional Review and Redesign of A Blended Technology Integration Course for PK-6 Pre-service Teachers
Ozlem Karakaya holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in English Language Teaching from Marmara University (Turkey), a Master's of Science degree in Curriculum and Instructional Technology (CIT), and an Instructional Design Certificate from Iowa State University. She is currently a Ph.D. student in the Educational Technology program at the School of Education and co-majoring in Human-Computer Interaction at Iowa State University.
Ozlem's research interests include self-reported and performance-based TPACK assessment, designing online and blended learning environments, Makerspace and BreakoutEDU technologies, social media education as well as one-on-one technology mentoring for faculty.
You can follow Ozlem Karakaya on Twitter: @ozlemkarakaya07 and Research Gate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Ozlem_Karakaya