ED-MEDIA 2011 Thursday, Aug. 22 3:32 a.m. WEST
Most Active Discussions View All
Posted by David Geelan on June 28, 2011, 2:33 p.m.
There's this forum, but I was taken aback by the lack of a 'people's forum' for deeper discussion than Twitter allows at EdMedia. Seemed ironic in the light of all the presentations about how important connected learning is!
So, like we always told our kids growing up: "Don't whinge, find solutions!"
So I built this site over lunchtime: and now I'm 'Field-of-Dreamsing' it. Hoping that, since I built it, you will come.
Posted by David Comiskey on June 23, 2011, 4:38 a.m.
Learning on construction sites is an integral part of an Architectural Technologists education and an essential part of the learning process. Due to larger class sizes, accessibility, cost and health and safety issues it is becoming increasingly difficult to implement as many site visits as would be liked. This paper looks at a project funded by the Centre for Higher Education Practice at the University of Ulster, which details the creation of Construct Online, a learning resource offering a series of videos following the construction of a building. The project utilises screencasting software to enable the users to view footage of the construction process along with detailed architectural drawings showing how the design information is transformed into a completed building.
Newest Discussions View All
Based on the model of Metros (Grush, 2011), computer literacy evolves on a continuum from stimulated to fluent. There are ...Posted by Adele Weiner on June 21, 2011, 9:19 p.m.
Ran into a lovely young lady on the stairs who said something like: "Are you David? Oh, I'm so ...Posted by David Geelan on July 1, 2011, 2:34 p.m.
"In the next decade, digital scholarship (in open journals, blogs, and social media) will achieve the same status in academic ...Posted by Sarah Benson on June 22, 2011, 9:13 p.m.
- Architectures for Educational Technology Systems
- Authoring Tools
- Computer-Mediated Communication
- Constructivist Perspectives
- Cooperative/Collaborative Learning
- Country-Specific Developments
- Design Principles
- Design of Distance Learning Systems
- Distributed Learning Environments
- Emerging Technologies & Accessibility
- Evaluation of Impact
- Exemplary Projects
- Groupware & WWW-based Tools
- Implementation Experiences
- Improving Classroom Teaching
- Indigenous Peoples & Technology Issues/Applications
- Infrastructure, Technology & Techniques
- Institution-Specific Cases
- Instructor Networking
- Instructor Training and Support
- Interactive Learning Environments
- International Challenges
- Methodologies for System Design
- Multimedia/Hypermedia Applications
- Multimedia/Hypermedia Systems
- New Roles for Teachers/Learners
- Other: Research, Library Issues, etc.
- Pedagogical Issues
- Policy and Law
- Research Perspectives
- Site Management Considerations
- Teaching/Learning Strategies
- Usability/User Studies
- User Interface Design
- Virtual Reality
- Virtual Universities
- WWW-based Course Sites & Learning Resources
- WWW-based Course-Support Systems