Welcome to SITE 2017!

Posted by David Slykhuis on February 8 2017 at 4:21 p.m.

Welcome to SITE 2017!

I am so excited you have decided to join us for SITE 2017 in Austin.

I know there is fierce competition for your travel dollar and promise you will be pleased you chose to attend SITE! Be sure to take advantage of the many opportunities available to you at a SITE conference – outstanding keynote speakers, concurrent sessions, the poster session, and of course the social events! You will truly find out why SITE is called “The Friendly Society” by joining us in the evenings at the social events and taking the opportunity to get to know colleagues from around the world.

We have a special opportunity this year as we are in Austin concurrently with The SXSWedu Conference & Festival. We have arranged for special cross-over events with SXSWedu on Tuesday and Wednesday. SXSWedu attendees are invited to join us at our poster session on Tuesday evening. Additionally, you are invited on Wednesday to attend their Higher Ed Hub, showcasing innovative solutions, initiatives and partnerships in post-secondary education.

To fully enjoy your conference experience at SITE, add these two items to your to-do list. First, be sure to fill out your profile on Academic Experts (AE) and use AE to easily find sessions, download papers, send comments to authors, and create your customized agenda for the week. Second, join a Special Interest Group (SIG). These groups meet over the lunch hour on Monday and Tuesday are an excellent opportunity for you to find like-minded individuals at SITE and to stay involved throughout the year.

I look forward to seeing you at SITE in person or online using #SITEconf!

David A. Slykhuis
President, Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education
James Madison University