Adalheidur (Heida) Reed
Texas Wesleyan University
United States of America - Fort Worth
Texas Wesleyan UniversityJul 13, 2015-Present
- Digital Divide: Will Mobile Technology Lead the Change?
- Digital Scholarship and Impact Factors: Methods and Tools to Connect Your Research
- MOOCs to SIMMs: M-learning around the world
- iPad’s for Teaching and Learning? “A Snapshot of How Iceland is doing it”
- Community-Based Learning (CBL) via Facebook Mobile“It is Time to BYOD (Bring Your Own Device)
- Is this an iPad Revolution or Mobile Learning Revolution?A Global Perspective across Countries: “ iWorld, iLearn”
- Social Media: Is there a Need for Professional Best Practice Etiquette for Undergraduate Students
- Facebook: The Multimedia Element
Extensive background in Computer Science, Networking, Web design, Learning Technologies & Educational Computing. Experienced in designing and implementing instructional systems and supporting faculty instructional design, utilizing social media for teaching and learning. Collaborating with national and international scholars in on going panel topics such as: "Digital Divide: Will Mobile Technology Lead the Change?", "Is this an iPad Revolution or Mobile Learning Revolution? A Global Perspective across Countries: “ iWorld, iLearn”" and "MOOCs to SIMMs: M-learning around the world." Bilingual (Icelandic & English) published and presented at national and international conferences. Research includes the digital divide, Digital Scholarship and Impact Factors: Methods and Tools to Connect Your Research, using social media as a multimedia teaching element, expanding into using social media as a learning management system, experimenting at the universities of Iceland, North Texas and Texas at Arlington. Vastly experienced in designing, implementing and instructing; online, face to face and hybrid classes in following content areas: Learning Technologies (LTEC), Business Computer Information Systems (BCIS), Computer Technology (CTEC), Computer Information Sciences (ITSC), Data Processing Tech (ITSW), Information Process/Data Tech (POFI)and Introduction to Computing(COSC).Designed and maintained several outstanding websites. Highly skilled in developing, implementing and training in all aspects of computing, applied technology, web applications and development.