United States of America - Bloomington
Curt Bonk is a former accountant/CPA who rec'd his master's and Ph.D. degrees in ed psych from the U of Wisc. He is Professor of IST at Indiana University. Curt is President of CourseShare; see http://mypage.iu.edu/~cjbonk/). He can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Influence of Social Media on Learning & Development
- "I Am Pleased to Inform You That..." Insights and Advice on Getting Published in Educational and Instructional Technology
- A Systematic Review of MOOC Research Methods and Topics: Comparing 2014-2016 and 2016-2017
- Pre-Conference Symposoum Welcome: MOOCs and Open Education in the Developing World
- Future Directions and Challenges of E-Learning: A Panel Conversation of E-Learning Leaders
- Instructor Experiences in Designing and Delivering Interactive MOOCs in Higher Education
- Instructor Efforts to Address Cultural Diversity in MOOC Design and Application
- Revisiting “MOOCs and Open Education Around the World”:A Discussion of the Resulting Book and Special Issue
- Design-Based Research (DBR) on MOOCs and Open Education
- MOOCs and Open Education around the World: A Look at a New Book and a Special Journal Issue
After five uninspiring years as a corporate controller and CPA, Curt Bonk received his master’s and Ph.D. degrees in educational psychology from the University of Wisconsin. He is now Professor of Instructional Systems Technology at Indiana University (IU) and adjunct in the School of Informatics. Curt is also a founding member of the Center for Research on Learning and Technology (CRLT) at IU which opened in the late 1990s. Drawing on his background as a corporate controller, CPA, educational psychologist, and instructional technologist, Bonk offers unique insights into the intersection of business, education, psychology, and technology. Curt has received the CyberStar Award from the Indiana Information Technology Association, the Most Outstanding Achievement Award from the U.S. Distance Learning Association, and the Most Innovative Teaching in a Distance Education Program Award from the State of Indiana. In early 2012 and again in 2013, Bonk was listed in Education Week among the top contributors to the public debate about education. That same week, he was selected as one of 24 presenters for a special NSF Cyberlearning Research Summit on “Transforming Education” held at National Geographic in Washington, DC. Curt has given more than 1,200 talks around the globe related to online teaching and learning. In addition, he has nearly 300 publications on topics such as online and blended learning, massive open online courses (MOOCs), massive multiplayer online gaming, wikibooks, blogging, open source software, collaborative technologies, and synchronous and asynchronous computer conferencing. Curt taught a MOOC in the spring of 2012 to nearly 4,000 people that was hosted by Blackboard in CourseSites. Curt Bonk is author of the Handbook of Blended Learning: Global Perspectives, Local Designs (2006) as well as Empowering Online Learning: 100+ Activities for Reading, Reflecting, Displaying, and Doing (2008), The World is Open: How Web Technology is Revolutionizing Education (2009). Curt founded SurveyShare in 2003 which he sold in 2010 and has been President of CourseShare since 1999 (see http://www.courseshare.com/). See homepage: http://mypage.iu.edu/~cjbonk/; and email: email@example.com.