Australia - Geelong
Researcher focused on online learning, social media, new litearacies and multimodal methods.
- Infusing instructional design principles into an active student-centred social learning framework
- SMEDIA: Designing to create a social and dynamic learning framework
- Action Research into Social Media within Secondary School Classes
- From Telling the World to Showing the World in an Era of Social Media
- The simple yet complex development of social and participatory media for classroom learning: building a hybrid learning environment through Action Research
Dr Gail Casey is a Course Enhancer with Deakin Learning Futures(see, http://www.deakin.edu.au/learning-futures/course-enhancements) within Deakin University, Australia. Her focus includes students as active and engaged learners implementing a socio-cultural perspective. In 2013 Gail received an outstanding paper award at Edmedia and and a publication scholarship from Deakin. In 2012, she was awarded, by ISTE, first place in the SIGOL Online Learning Awards for the innovative contribution her research made. Gail has presented and published widely. Much of her work can be found at http://gcasey.wikispaces.com/Presentations.