St. John's University
United States of America - Queens
This paper will address the "PICCA" Model for online instructors in higher education settings who strive to continually improve learning experiences in the virtual classroom. The letters in "PICCA" correspond to key strategies for creating collaborative and healthy online classroom environments.
- The "PICCA" Model for Online Instructors: A Framework for Student Success
- Creating Effective Supervisory Relationships in Online Courses: Faculty and Student Responsibilities
- Research in Online Counseling Courses: A Protocol for an Experimental Study
- Relationship-Building in Online Counseling Courses
- Innovative Online Course Design: A Five-Step Plan
- Technology in Graduate Counseling Programs: Suggestions for Online Practicum and Internship Courses
- Combining Theory and Practice in Graduate Counselor Education: Faculty Reflections
- Teaching Counseling Skills Online: Faculty Perspectives and Innovations
- Teaching Counseling Microskills and Techniques in Online Courses: Graduate Faculty and Student Perceptions
- Maximizing Students' Online Course Experience: Guidelines for Graduate Faculty
Dr. Cicco is an Associate Professor in the Department of Counselor Education, at St. John’s University in New York. She teaches graduate students preparing to serve as school and clinical mental health counselors. She serves as Coordinator of the School Counseling Program and is also the Chair of the Dignity for All Students Act (DASA) Training Program Committee and DASA certifying officer for St. John’s University. She holds a doctorate in Instructional Leadership, with specialization areas in Learning Styles and Administration and Supervision, a Master’s degree in School Counseling, and an Advanced Certificate in Clinical Mental Health Counseling. Her research interests include achievement and attitudes in online courses, learning-style preferences of online learners, optimizing online counseling instruction, and faculty-student supervisory relationships in online courses.