Tampere University of Applied Sciences / School of Professional Teacher Education
Finland - Tampere
Principal Lecturer (Digital learning environments)
Areas of interest
- Sustainable Technology Use in Professional Learning Communities: Three Perspectives of Enculturation
- Dealing with “learning culture shock” in multicultural authentic e-learning
- Authentic Education: Lessons from an Online Finnish Teacher Development Program for 21st Century Faculty.
- A reality check: Taking authentic e-learning from design to implementation
- How to Support Collaborative Knowledge Building through Authentic Assessment in Online Education?
- Using Google Tools for Authentic Learning and Progressive Inquiry in 21st Century Faculty Development
- Out of the Comfort Zone: Promoting Growth and Change in Faculty for 21st Century Knowledge Society
- Second Life - an Environment for Authentic e-Learning?
- Huge Possibilities and Tiny Obstacles of Higher Education and Business Collaboration
- Educating Teachers for the Knowledge Society: Social Media, Authentic Learning and Communities of Practice
Dr Hanna Teräs is Principal Lecturer (Digital learning environments) at Tampere University of Applied Sciences. She has broad international experience in research, development and practice concerning online learning, education technologies and adult learning. She has been involved in several international research projects in the area, most recently in collaboration with the World Health Organization (WHO) in developing fully online professional development programs for vaccine management in developing countries. Dr Teräs has also been Program Director of a fully online Postgraduate Certificate Program for teaching in higher education in the United Arab Emirates, as well as led a professional development project in digital pedagogies for the Faculty of Teacher Education at the University of Dar es Salaam in Tanzania. Before her current role, Dr Teräs held a Lecturer position at Murdoch University, Australia, where her responsibilities included teaching and research in the area of education technology and digital learning environments. She has published widely in acclaimed international journals and books.