University of St.Thomas
United States of America - Houston
I am an assistant professor at the University of St. Thomas in Houston, TX. In my current position, I am chair of the MAT and secondary education programs. My research interests are innovative ways to use technology in the classroom and best practices in technology use for distance education.
Areas of interest
- Instructional design and readability
- Distance education
- Technology Integration: Obstacles and Challenges
- Breaking Down Barriers: Giving Teachers the Tools to Effectively Integrate Technology
- Teaching Online: A Paradigm Shift
- Evaluating Apps To Ensure Learning Outcomes
- Leveraging social networks for educational purposes
- Using Instant Messaging to Improve Student Engagement in Online Courses
- Multiple Case Study Comparison of Online High School Educational Programs: Characteristics of Quality
I received my Ph.D. In curriculum and instruction at Kansas State University in 2007. I have been involved with SITE since 2009 and have held co-chair positions with the distance education SIG and new possibilities with technology SIG.