University of Technology Sydney
Australia - Sydney
EdMedia + Innovate Learning 2018
- A Methodological Approach to Evaluate the Effectiveness of Learner-Generated Digital Media (LGDM) Assignments in Science Education.
- Designing your Flipped Classroom using the Flipped Teacher & Flipped Learner (FTFL) Framework
- The Nightmare is Over: A Simple Guide to Design Effective Subject Outlines
- Using Learner-Generated Digital Media (LGDM) as an Assessment Tool
- Creating Effective Online Learning Courseware
- Enhancing the Flipped Classroom Experience with the Aid of Inclusive Design
Educational designer with 8 years of experience in university settings and 12 years in the digital media industry. Strong focus on learning design that considers pedagogies, visual design, usability, accessibility, multimedia learning principles, quality of presentation of content, and the use of technology. Jorge considers the keys to success in educational technology are the provision of high quality educational design, empowerment of staff to experiment, staff development via workshops and one-on-one support, development of resources for academics to facilitate online teaching and learning, training of students in the use of technological tools, and strong focus on their learning experience monitored by reflection and research.
Jorge is focused on the development of desktop recording lectures that are interactive and engaging for students. He applies principles of active learning to further engage students with the content and is involved in constant evaluation and research to improve the student’s experience.