NC State University
United States of America - Raleigh
Professor of Learning Design & Technology at NC State University.
- Informing Recommended Makerspace Outcomes through Linguistic Analytics
- Supporting Cultural Connections, Collections, and Reflections through Technology in Short-Term Study Abroad
- Evidence of Computational Thinking in the After-School Makerspace from Written Project Documentation
- Supporting Documentation of Informal Learning and Making from a Distance with Voicethread
- Multimodal Composing with GoAnimate
- Promoting Continuing Computer Science Education Through A Massively Open Online Course
- Encouraging Teacher Development of a Personal Learning Network (PLN) in Twitter
- Capturing Global Perspectives During Study Abroad: A Comparison of Three Visual Tools
- Using Forum-Based Writing to Learn in the English Classroom: An Investigation of Student Comprehension and Collaboration
- Leveraging Affordances of the Mashup Tool Pinterest for Writing and Reflecting on Culture
I teach online graduate-level courses in the College of Education's Learning Design & Technology programs (M.Ed., M.S., Ph.D.). Current courses taught include: theory and research in distance education; technology, media, and culture; technology and informal learning environments; and teaching and learning with digital video. My research examines student acquisition of cultural and scientific outcomes in technology-rich distant (online/abroad) and informal learning settings.