Liandi van den Berg
North-West University Director: TELIT-SA Research Entity
South Africa - Vanderbijlpark
My research is focused on digital and innovative assessments, technology use in Sport management and tertiary education. I am the director of TELIT-SA research entity at NWU.
EdMedia 2023 Vienna
- The new kid on the block: A deconstructed look at students’ experience using an invigilation mobile application to appraise technology acceptance.
- Initiating change: Exploring communities of practices implementation for innovative teaching and learning with technology
- Adapt or perish: The evaluation of e-Assessment training of faculty at a South African University using Kirkpatrick’s model of training outcomes
- Talking with technology: Using vlogs as assessment tool to improve sport students’ communication skills and content learning
- 4th Industrial Revolution?Ready, Tech, Go: Reflecting on Sport Students’ Digital Literacy Skills when Creating Vlogs for Assessment
Prof Liandi van den Berg is an associate professor in the School of Management Sciences at the North-West University. She holds a PhD on Competitive Intelligence in Sport and a Master’s degree on Sport Talent Identification and Development (Cum Laude). She has been active in academic for more than 15 years lecturing at tertiary institutions at undergraduate and post graduate levels. Her subjects of expertise include Sport Science, Sport Psychology, Exercise Physiology, Video Analysis, and Coaching Science. She also taught Business Management undergraduate students in Managing High-Performance Sport, Advanced Sport Management and Strategic Sports Business Management. In 2018 she received the best lecturer award in the School of Economic Sciences, a Teaching Excellence Award, as well as an institutional nomination for the prestigious Distinguished Teaching Excellence Award. Her research expertise includes topics on Human Movement Science, Sport Science, Qualitative research methods, Systematic Literature Reviews, Mixed Method research, framework and model development, innovative use of technology for sport teaching and learning, Competitive Intelligence, Talent Identification and Development, as well as innovative assessment in higher education. She is involved in international research collaboration projects and has sixteen international journal article publications as well sixteen international conference presentations and published papers. She received numerous faculty and campus Research Excellence Awards.