Rose & Smith Associates
United States of America - Corpus Christi
Online Accessibility and Learning Evangelist
- The Changing Landscape of the Digital Divide: Opportunities and Challenges for Teacher Education
- Research Panel on Supporting Teachers and Accessibility in K-12 Online and Blended Learning Contexts
- Addressing Equity and Access in Online Learning and More....
- Stop Cyberbullying, A Panel for Sharing a New Toolkit, Stories and Best Practices
- Emerging Technologies: Disconnects: K12, Teacher Education and the Computational Sciences
- Access and Equity Issues in Online Education
- Successful Strategies for Changing Your Online DFWs into Successful Learners
- Educate to Innovate with Mobile Technologies
- Standing at the Intersection of Cyber Equity and Social Justice
- W4: Putting the "E" into STEM Preparation for All Teachers (Bring Your Laptop)
My major immediate focus is advocacy for accessibility in blended and online learning and websites. I've been involved in online education since the mid '90s when I first began defining and building a method of creating online learning communities online. I helped envision, create, and administer the first virtual high school in the country. I had been a pioneer in the use of computers in education and raised concerns about equity in technology use early in the education technology movement. I work with college and university programs, policy-makers, and leaders in online learning from non-profit organizations and institutions. I have helped shape the nature of e-learning efforts in the country.