ADD: Assessing, Designing, and Developing E-Learning
SIG Meeting at E-Learn 2014
During AACE E-Learn 2014, Curtis Ho and I had the pleasure of organizing the SIG meeting of the group ‘Assessing, Designing and Developing E-Learning’. With a total of 50 participants, we were extremely pleased with the turnout. We had a great mix of instructional designers, educational technology researchers, developers and educators. During the meeting, we discussed problems that we share and things we can learn from one another.
Didn’t attent E-Learn 2014?
Read the conference report in the Educational Technology and Change Journal and check out the links to the recordings of keynotes and invited speakers: http://etcjournal.com/2014/11/14/who-dat-its-e-learn-2014-come-learn-share-connect/
SIG Web Presence
Good news: AACE will set up a web environment for the Special Interest Groups that allows each group to present its members, focus and activities. We will keep you posted on the progress.
Inventory of Instructional Design Problems - Initial Brainstorming
During the meeting, we collected these 4 challenges:
- How to conduct robust design under powerful time pressures.
- How to get learners to use social media to be ‘productive’ digital citizens.
- How to conduct reliable instruction.
- How to keep oneself updated on ICT related matters.
During the special interest group meeting several people suggested collaboration ideas.
- Organize Google Hangouts: Share expertise and best practice approaches through webinars, Q&A; sessions or panels via Google Hangout.
- Educational Technology meets Public Health: Team up for a shared project in the public health and government sector by developing a web-based resource for the homeless population (blog/ course/ website).
- International Research / Writing Group: Start international research and writing collaboratives around specific topics.
- Inventory of Instructional Design Problems: Work on identifying shared challenges among instructional designers.
Do you want to join one or more of the activities sketched out above? Are you interested in leading the effort on any of these activities? Please contact me by email (email@example.com) or through LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/ADD-ELearning-6537526/about
Follow this discussion to receive e-mail notifications whenever it is updated. Follow
Log in to post a a comment in this discussion.