Special Interest Group
The global perspective
Internationalizing Teacher Education: References
Some reference material:
- Eduventures, Inc. (2008). Strategies to internationalize schools of education [Report No. 06SOECRR0208]. Boston, MA: Author.
- Merryfield, M., Jarchow, J. & Pickert, S. (Eds.) (1996). Preparing Teachers To Teach Global Perspectives. A Handbook for Teacher Educators.. Thousand Oaks, CA: Corwin Press, Inc..
- Schneider, A. I. (2003). Internationalizing teacher education: What can be done? A research report on the undergraduate training of secondary school teachers. Washington, DC: Department of Education, (ERIC Document Reproduction Service No. ED 480869)
- Quezada, R. & Cordeiro, A. (Eds.) (2009). Internationalizing schools and colleges of education: Educating teachers for global awareness [Special Issue]. Teacher Education Quarterly, 34(1). Available online http://www.teqjournal.org/TEQ%20Website/Back%20Issues/Volume%2034/Volume%2034%20Number%201.html
- Quezada, R. (Ed.) (2012). Internationalization of teacher education: Creating globally competent teachers and teacher educators for the 21st century. New York: Routledge. (also available as a special issue of Teaching Education, 21 (1), 2010).